Photographing Pittsburgh families the way I photograph my own: thoughtfully and with an eye for detail. Documenting REAL LIFE in a low pressure environment. They grow up too quickly!
I am a Pittsburgh native, though I did float around the US and beyond a bit – NYC to Central America to California – before setting roots back in Pittsburgh with my husband and 4 adorable kids.
I love to create! My favorite tool is my camera… In the past 15 years I have specialized in wedding photography while nurturing my love for photojournalism as a newspaper freelancer. My perspective is so profoundly shaped by my photography training that I find myself seeing light and composition everywhere.
In my free time I enjoy designing and creating jewelry, spending quality time with a glass of wine and a group of friends, and experimenting with some personal fine art photography projects.
- My kids think it’s super cool that their mom is a “Tographer.”
- I grew up playing on the Aspinwall streets here in Pittsburgh, until the streetlights came on… so I can hold my own with rollerblades, bikes, and a basketball.
- I have four kids under 7! My wonderfully supportive husband Mark watches them all while I head out to photograph yours.
- My very big family laughs. a. LOT.
- I’ve been a pro photographer for 15 years- and still loving it! This is about 15 times longer than I’ve been interested in any other activity, ever.
- I love to create! My favorite tool is my camera, though I experiment a lot with making jewelry, drawing, and watercolors. I see light and composition everywhere. I have sold my work at Three Rivers Arts Festival downtown.
- My idea of the perfect night is on the backyard patio with friends and wine and a firepit… unless we could do all that on the beach!
Pamela Anticole is an experienced documentary family photographer here in Pittsburgh. She photographed weddings for 15 years, was a stringer at the newspaper, and brings a fresh candid approach to her newborn photography sessions.